UserGate Proxy & Firewall Internet sharing and Traffic Control solution
UserGate protects the local network from Internet-based threats, provides full-scale network management with user access control and offers comprehensive traffic monitoring and reporting capabilities.
UserGate Proxy & Firewall functionality overview
Internet Access Control
- User-based access management: UserGate indicates Users’ machines as accounts to which Internet access is granted (or denied), traffic rules are applied, and for which statistics are calculated.
- Categorized URL filtering BrightCloud filtering allows avoiding many troubles related to Internet abusing like low work productivity, excessive traffic consumption, visiting sites with malicious content etc. Just deny an access to some marginal category and be sure that no one visits it!
- Application firewall With Application filter you may restrict personal use of Internet-based applications, such as instant messengers or peer-to-peer clients, and protect a local network from application-specific Internet threats.
- Traffic monitoring and reporting: User Gate enables administrators to monitor user requests and apply access restrictions to certain resources based on the detailed traffic statistics
- Web statistics User statistics are available in comprehensive reports directly accessible from within the program, or remotely via a web browser.
- Billing system: UserGate allows automatic calculations of Internet expenses for each user based on time/traffic consumed. The administrator can in¬troduce tariffs to the system and apply them to users or user groups. Different tariffs can be applied depending on the time of the day, day of the week, or URL address.
- Dual-antivirus protection Two of the most technologically ad¬vanced antivirus modules – Kaspersky and Panda – are embedded in UserGate. So you can either choose the antivirus you prefer or activate both, for the ultimate protection.
- Advanced firewall The firewall integrated into User¬Gate allows an administrator to protect the local network from hacker attacks while se¬curely providing access to internal LAN ser¬vices, such as mail server, web server or VPN server.
- Advanced NAT driver With new Network Address Translation driver you can create several local sub-networks and con¬figure package exchanges among them.
- VPN connection support With Virtual Private Network support you can connect numerous PCs in different geographical locations with high level of security. You can use the UserGate network resources publishing feature to make a VPN server in the local network remotely accessible.
Internet Connection Sharing
- Proxy server UserGate includes a number of proxy servers for application layer protocols, such as HTTP, FTP, SOCKS, POP3, SMTP, SIP and H323, and all of the proxies can work in transparent mode.
- Multiple ISPs UserGate enables you to use several Internet Service Providers and assign different providers to different user groups. Also, Connection Failover feature is available: users will be switched to a secondary connection if the primary connection is broken.
- Bandwidth manager You can easy optimize application performance in your networks and avoid the negative effects of exceeding bandwidth limits. UserGate has all the features necessary for effective bandwidth management.
- Web caching Web caching accelerates service requests by retrieving content saved from a previous request in local storage (cache). A caching option keeps local copies of frequently requested resources, allowing large organizations to reduce their bandwidth usage and cost.
- IP telephony support IP telephony is Voice over IP (VoIP), a family of technologies for delivering voice communications over IP networks. This is t the best choice for corporate use instead of traditional copper-wire telephone systems.
- DHCP support automates the process of assigning IP addresses within the network. Administrator can supervise and distribute IP addresses from a central point, and automatically sends a new IP address when a computer is plugged into a different location in the network.
- Routing UserGate lets you avoid installing additional hardware, such as a router. UserGate’s rules lets you manage several LAN interfaces and transmit packets between them in both directions.
- Resource publishing If you need to access to some local computer from the Internet and therefore to make some service (FTP, Web, VPN, mail servers) available from the outside, the resource publishing feature will definitely help you.
- Remote administration You can access the UserGate server remotely from a computer other than the one where UserGate is installed. You can connect to the UserGate computer within your network or via the Internet by entering its IP address or DNS name.
For More Information:
UserGate Proxy & Firewall Leaflet
Download free trial version of UserGate Proxy & Firewall: http://www.entensys.com/download/usergate_setup.exe
Get in touch with us so we can design and implement a solution for you.